Thursday 25 October 2012

How to Colour Your Hair With Chalk

I'm not a big fan of dying kids hair, I know there's a lot of Mums out there who think it's fine and that's great, but it's never sat comfortably with me.  So when my Rapunzel's came home with stories of their friends putting colour in their hair with highlighters and nikko's I was a little worried.  I understand there can be so much fun in colour (hey mine's been many shades over the years), but I decided to try chalking their hair.  I also had many other mums ask how to do it and I've been sending them to another website (why reinvent the wheel?).  But I've also been asked specifically how to do it on dark hair, and long, long hair - so this tutorial answers that and more.  It was VERY messy the first time we did this, (it wouldn't be so bad in blonde hair or even shorter hair, but with dark you need so much more colour).  It seems to be getting less messy each time we do it, but don't say you weren't warned.  Also, their hair does have a chalky texture to it afterwards and although their hair appears normal after a good wash - I admit to using a decent mask/moisturiser on it, just in case.  All in all - its had the desired effect. Colour that is quite vibrant, but washes out.  Try it if you dare :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.